The future of HempRise starts with You!
At HempRise, our vision is to create the world’s most recognized & admired brand while revolutionizing the hemp extracts and cannabinoids industry to benefit people, pets & the planet. We’re looking for people who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart.
Current Job Openings
Director of R&D
I. Position Overview:
The Director of R&D will report to the General Manager and is responsible for outlining the company’s innovation vision, implementing technology strategies in new product, process development and production. This role will infuse the Research and Development team with their talent, energy, and leadership skills. He/She will work collaboratively with all functional leaders, including Supply Chain, Marketing, Operation, Quality and Regulatory and Sales, and collaboratively lead R&D taking new products from bench through to launch.
II. Specific Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee and develop hemp derived ingredients used in food, beverage, dietary supplement, skin care, potentially animal nutrition/pet healthcare
2. Oversee and develop prototype formulas of hemp extracts and CBD products with Layn’s botanical extracts for targeted functionalities
3. Oversee and write technical papers, patents, function claims, suggested usage level, safety data (Self Affirm GRAS), standard operation procedures (SOP), and production log
4. Work closely with production department for quality control and new product/technology implementation.
5. Provide input on equipment selection and facility design
6. Manage third party lab(s) for testing of hemp extracts and derivatives
7. Define and execute bench level and pilot operations to support commercialization of new products (leveraging an internal and external network), work closely with operation for scale-up and commercialization with tight timelines and cost targets
8. Develop process technologies that add/free capacity, create agility, and improve cost positioning and quality
9. Provide regulatory guidance to key functions with regards to labeling and nutritional information requirements
10. Mentors, teaches and advises professional staff and creates greater organizational capability through staffing and performance and career management to develop future technology leaders
11. Engage in external technology alliance and open innovation
12. Other duties as required
III. Essential Skills and Experience:
Education or Equivalent: (Minimum required to perform job)
• Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Food Science or Food Engineering
• 10+ years of progressive R&D leadership experience in natural food ingredient or consumer food manufacturing environment
1. 10+ years of progressive industrial R&D leadership experience.
2. Strong team leadership and development experience, including experience leading and coaching team members through change in a complex, customer-focused business
3. Ability to demonstrate a strategic mind-set with the ability to translate strategies into operational plans
4. Strong attention to detail with a technical mindset – accuracy of project completion and application of product knowledge is imperative to success
5. Excellent communication and cross-functional teamwork skills are a must
6. Good time management
7. Ability and willingness to take action
8. Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
9. Working experience in cannabis industry is highly preferred, but not required
Seed to Scale™
Let’s build our future together